Yes, making a do-to-list and minimizing distractions in the work place can help you be productive, but it could also be the food you take in throughout the day that are making you feel more lethargic than usual. Try adding these foods into your daily diet to increase productivity:
- Any kind of berry – Antioxidants in berries act as an anti-inflammatory agent against stress, which can improve both motor coordination and memory.
- Eggs – Choline, a fat-like B vitamin, can help with memory and reaction time.
- Salmon – The omega-3s, protein, iron and B-vitamins found in salmon help with memory, recall recognition, reasoning and focus.
- Eggplant – Eggplant has a way of keeping the brain sharp by improving the communication between our messenger molecules and our brain cells.
- Coffee – For those of you sitting in front of a computer all day, the caffeine found in coffee can protect your eyes from spasms and even improves memory. Caffeine in coffee also contains amino acids and antioxidants.
- Dark Chocolate – The antioxidants help increase the production of endorphins, which helps improve focus and concentration. It’s okay if you’re more of a milk chocolate person because it improves your reaction time as well as verbal and visual memory.
- Hot Cocoa – The antioxidants protect your brain cells from oxidative stress.
- Garlic – The strong antibacterial and antiviral substances found in garlic help relieve stress-induced colds and infections, which is crucial to avoid in the workplace.
Located in Burbank but serving all of California, contact Young Insurance for all of your auto and home insurance requests.