National Distracted Driving Awareness Month
April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month, which is the perfect time to establish small changes to your driving habits to keep you safe on the road. Keep these tips in mind to help you steer clear of distracted driving.
- Only use your cell phone in an emergency – not only is using your cell phone while driving illegal, but it is also one of the most dangerous situations that you can put yourself in. If you have to use your phone while on the road, pull over to a safe area. Even using a hands free device can be very distracting while on the road.
- Pull over if you are tired – if you feel yourself getting drowsy on the road, pull over. Taking a nap and getting to your destination a little later can help to ensure that you arrive safely.
- Limit the number of passengers in your car – especially with younger, less experienced drivers, the more people that you have in your car, the more distractions there are to deal with. While it may not be fun driving on your own, it will help to keep you focused on the road.
- Put down the food – before you get into your car, make sure to finish whatever you are eating. Not only will eating provide a serious distraction, but it can also cause you to take at least one of your hands off the wheel.
- Avoid multitasking – if you spend a lot of time in your vehicle, you may think that it is the perfect time to multitask. However, it is not. While you are behind the wheel, you should only concentrate on driving, nothing else.
Having the right auto insurance policy can help to keep you safe on the road. Contact Young Insurance in Burbank, California for all of your auto insurance needs.