Your tires are the only part of your vehicle that touch the road, which makes them the most important safety feature of your car. Taking care of your tires is one of the best ways to make sure that you stay safe on the road. Make sure to look out for these signs that you need new tires.
- Gouges, bulges, or cracks – when tires start to deflate, they will bulge at the side. If you see any cracks in the sidewall of your tires, or anything else that looks a little odd, take it to your dealer and have them look at it.
- Low tread – checking the tread on your tires is very simple and only takes a penny. Place the penny with Lincoln’s head down between the tread on your tires. If you can see the top of his head, your tread is too low, and it is time to get some new tires.
- Tire pressure – tires can deflate with just typical driving. Make sure to check your tire pressure at least once a month to make sure that they are at the proper level.
- Temperature – while tire pressure can drop in the cold temperatures of winter, the hot summer temperatures can also lead to some issues. If your tires are underinflated, they will generate more heat, which causes them to wear out much faster.
- Vibration – if it feels like your tires are thumping along while you are driving down the road, it may mean that they are out of balance or that you have a suspension issue. If you are dealing with anything other than a smooth ride, take your car into the dealership.
Having the right auto insurance policy can help to make sure that you stay safe on the road. Contact the insurance professionals at Young Insurance in Burbank, California for all of your auto insurance needs.