There are exactly 915 miles of freeway in the Los Angeles area. These freeways offer us many conveniences when clear. Unfortunately for us Angelenos, we live in the city with the worst traffic jams in the country. Here are a few tips for making your morning or evening commute faster and safer:
- Check out Google Maps before you leave to plan an alternate route if you need to.
- Stay off the freeways from 7-10 A.M. and 4-7 P.M. This is when traffic is the heaviest.
- Carpool, carpool, carpool! Be environmentally friendly as you zoom through the carpool lane, and pass fellow commuters.
- Always use your turn signal when merging onto the freeway.
- Don’t tailgate! Make sure there is one car length in between you and the car in front of you to avoid rear-ending someone.
- Keep your hands at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel. This will keep you in an alert position in case you need to stop abruptly.
If you need help with insurance in California, give Young Insurance Agency a call today!