Part of owning a car is keeping it clean and periodically performing the necessary routine car maintenance. If you don’t, you’re devaluating your investment and shortening the life expectancy of your car.
Here are a few Spring cleaning tips that will help you get your car ready for the Spring.
1. Keeping your car clean and waxed could add years to the life of your paint job and to the body of your car as well. Spring is the perfect time to wax your car and this one simple yearly task could keep your car looking good for years to come.
2. You should spray your car’s wheel wells and power wash the undercarriage to clean off any salt and dirt that has built up over the Winter.
3. When washing and waxing your car, make sure you’re only using products that are specifically made for cars.
4. Never wax your car in the direct sunlight because the heat from the sun it could allow the wax particles to get into the open pores of the paint and with hard rubbing could cause scratches and swirls that are irreversible.
5. Always use a soft natural-fiber cloth when drying your car’s surface. Other types of towels are too abrasive and could scratch the paint.
6. You should also make sure you clean the doorjambs, window tracks and the seats. And don’t forget to vacuum the floor mats and clean under the seats as well. A can of compressed air will help you get the dust out of the cracks and crevices around the console, the shifter and any other areas you can’t reach.
If you would like a free auto insurance quote, please contact Young Insurance in California. We pride ourselves in providing you with only the best products for a total solution for all your insurance needs with zero cost, zero obligation and zero hassle.