While school is generally a safe place to be, there are some dangers that have some parents nervous about back to school time. Now is the best time to prevent these dangers from occurring by talking to your children about safety. A good place to start is safety on the school bus. Summer is ending and your child will soon board the bus to start a new school year. Keep calm with these school bus safety tips:
- Make sure your kid steers clear of the danger zone surrounding the bus and stands at least 10 ft. away from every side. Five big steps in front of the bus and eye contact with the driver before crossing will lower the risk of your kid getting hit. If one of your kids school supplies ends up falling close to the bus, the best thing to do is talk to the bus driver.
- Arriving at least 5 minutes before the bus is recommended. Make sure your kid stands on the sidewalk or a grassy area away from the stop to wait for the bus to arrive safely.
- Try walking your kids to the bus stop and teach them never to talk to strangers.
- Explain the importance of waiting until the bus comes to a complete stop before boarding.
- Advise your kid to listen to the driver in charge of the bus and to stay seated until it is fully safe to get off. This is especially important in an emergency.
- Make sure that your kid does not run when getting off of the bus and to go straight home from there.
Young Insurance, in Burbank, California, will find you the right coverage to protect the things you love most. The insurance specialists at Young Insurance will work to find a solution for all of your insurance needs. Contact us today for a free quote.