Home Office Tips
More and more people are working from home, which allows for a more flexible work schedule and more time spent with the family. If you are planning on working from home, keep these tips in mind to help create the perfect home office to help you be as productive as possible.
- Set a schedule – since you only have to walk down your hall to get to your office, it can be easy to start late or spend too much time working. Set a strict time of when you will and will not be working so that your life does not get overrun by work.
- Have a dedicated space – create a special space where you will work to avoid getting distracted. Even if you do not have an extra room in your house, set up a desk that will be your work space.
- Get the right furnishings – make sure that you have a comfortable chair and that your work space is well lit. If you are not comfortable, you will be less productive.
- Think of your technology – make sure that all of your tech gadgets are protected by plugging them into a power surge outlet to ensure that your information is not lost if there is a power outage. Also make sure to back up all of your information at least once a week.
- Get a phone line – if you will be talking with suppliers or clients, have a dedicated phone line for your business. You do not want to keep your phone line busy with personal phone calls throughout the day.
Working from home also means that you will need to invest in the right business insurance policies. Contact the insurance professionals at Young Insurance in Burbank, California for all of your business insurance needs when working from home.