Fight feeling under the weather this cold and flu season.
‘Tis the season of festivities, holidays, and parties. It’s also the season of colds, sniffles, and mucus. That’s right, the depth of winter is the cold and flu season. While you may be using hand sanitizer daily, it’s easy to get sick from stress, catching germs, and fatigue. Fortunately, there are some easy tips that you can use to get your health back on track for the holiday season!
A cold and the flu are similar, but the latter is generally more intense and long-lasting. Here are some common symptoms of them both:
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches
If you’ve succumb to the cold or flu, stay home, rest up, and use these natural home remedies!
- As soon as you notice cold or flu symptoms, start taking 500 mg of Vitamin C four to six times a day.
- For a sore throat, mix salt with warm water to gargle. The salt soothes the pain.
- Drink as much water as you can. This helps keeping the membranes moist and will relieve dry eyes.
- To help keep mucus loose, stay in a moist, warm room. Turn on a humidifier or place bowls of water near air ducts to achieve this.
- Inhale from a steaming bowl of water. This opens up your airways and reduces inflammation. To make this more effective, add a few drops of thyme or eucalyptus oil to the water.
- Sleep with an extra pillow under your head to relieve congestion.
- Rest up! Conserving your energy will allow your body to heal quicker.
- Eat clean foods. Allowing your body to replenish nutrients, vitamins, and minerals will make for a healthier recovery.
Fortunately, with these tips, your cold and flu will be out the door before you know it! Rest easy knowing that your finances are safe and protected. Visit Young Insurance to secure all of your insurance policies in Burbank and neighboring cities in California.