Try this meatless recipe that everyone will love!
Gone are the days where every meal was centered around meat. Now, people are becoming wiser about the devastating impacts that meat has on the environment, their health, and the cruelty involved. To help you reduce your meat consumption, take a look at this delicious chickpea curry! It’s sure to please the meat-eaters and vegetarians alike!
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 800 grams diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups lentils (canned or pre-cooked)
- 2 cups chickpeas (canned or pre-cooked)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp curry spices
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Peel and finely dice onions, garlic and carrots.
- In a large pot, heat a tbs of oil and add diced onions, garlic and carrots. Sauté while stirring regularly, until the vegetables soften. Set the vegetables aside in the pot, and in the center add the spices and let them sauté, while stirring to prevent burning. When the spices release the aroma and darken (but must not burn!), mix them with the vegetables.
- Make room in the center of the pot again, add the tomato paste and again sauté until it darkens. Then, mix with the vegetables and pour over the diced tomatoes and vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer on low for about 20-30 minutes.
- When the sauce thickens, add pre-cooked or canned brown lentils, chickpeas, coconut milk and finely chopped parsley. Stir to combine and let cook another 5 minutes.
- Serve with cooked rice.
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe! At Young Insurance, we can help protect your assets. Serving Burbank and neighboring cities, contact us for the insurance assistance that you need.