Do you have health and diet resolutions? These granola bars keep you going.
If you’re like most of us, you’ll have plans to get fit and stay fit throughout 2017. While that’s all well and good, when you’re out and about and need a quick bite to eat, what do you do? You could opt to cheat and head to the nearest fast food joint or guzzle a calorie-loaded beverage from a coffee shop. Or you could choose to snack on this feel-good healthy granola bar that’s easy to make and even easier to take with you on the run!
- 1.5 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 medium/large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2-3/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepita seeds (shelled pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a large rectangular baking dish (approx. 8.5″ x 12.5″) and line with a piece of parchment paper so the bars are easier to lift out.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until smooth. Stir in the vanilla.
- Place the rolled oats into a food processor (or blender on the lowest speed) and pulse until the oats are coarsely chopped (but still with lots of texture). Stir oats into the banana mixture.
- Chop the walnuts and cherries and stir these and the rest of the ingredients into the banana-oat mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish. Press down until compacted and smooth out with hands until even. Use a pastry roller to smooth out if desired.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes until firm and lightly golden along the edge. Place dish on a cooling rack for 10 minutes then carefully slide a knife to loosen the ends and lift out. Place granola slab on a cooling rack for 10 minutes and then slice into 14 large bars.
From the professionals at Young Insurance, we hope that you enjoy this healthy granola bar! Be sure to visit us in Burbank, California for all of your insurance needs today.