Get smart behind the wheel with these habits that improve your safety on the road.
Forget giving up the booze and investing in a new car – The priority of the coming year should be to get the most out of motoring. Whether it’s polishing your driving skills, teaching yourself to save money when behind the wheel, or just being more considerate to fellow drivers, aim to improve your driving.
Use these five resolutions to steer your way to success in the New Year.
- Drive little, save a little. Fuel prices fluctuate with the seasons. The surest way to save on fuel is to save on fuel consumption. Quite simply, the less you drive your car, the less you’ll need to fill it up. Need to get bread from the corner shop? Take a stroll instead of driving.
- Love thy neighbor. Today’s roads can be a busy and hectic. Stay calm on your commute, keep your distance from the car in front, and use your mirrors to keep an eye on motorbikes and turning vehicles. Even if someone cuts in front of you, never give in to road rage.
- Pump it up. Check the tire pressure often to ensure that they are correctly filled up the manufacturer’s recommended psi.
- Upgrade your skills. Be honest, if you’re a bit fuzzy on the rules of the road, it may be time to brush up on your knowledge. Stay sharp by reviewing guides and take a booster course to improve your skills.
- Cover yourself. Make it your resolution to do some research about auto insurance. Your life situation may have changed – or your car may have. Review your insurance policy to secure yourself the best rate and coverage.