Short Term Health Insurance Basics
The deadline to sign up for health insurance coverage through open enrollment was on February 15th. If you did not sign up for coverage, you may think that there is no other way to get coverage for the year. However, you still have some options to ensure that you do not face the heavy fine for not having protection.
Investing in a short term health insurance policy will give you the coverage you need while helping you avoid the fine. Short term health insurance will provide medical coverage for a short amount of time, typically until the next open enrollment period begins for next year. There are many people who can benefit from a short term health insurance plan, including:
- If you are no longer covered under your parent’s health insurance policy.
- If you are in between jobs or waiting for your employee sponsored health benefits to kick in.
- If you are waiting on a government sponsored health care plan, such as Medicaid.
- If you are a recent college graduate.
- If you are a new immigrant to the country.
Investing in a short term health insurance policy comes with many advantages, including:
- They are less expensive than typical health care plans.
- They will provide coverage for emergency medical services.
- They can provide flexible coverage for different amount of times, from 20 days until 12 months.
- They will start providing health coverage as soon as the next day.
- You have the chance to enroll in a policy at any point throughout the year.
If you missed the Affordable Care Act deadline and are looking for the right health insurance policy, contact the insurance professionals at Young Insurance in Burbank, California. We will work with you to ensure that you have the right amount of coverage, all at the right price.