Online Shopping Safety Tips
The holiday season means spending time with family and friends, but it also means one thing in particular- shopping! You may be shopping for holiday decorations, as well as all sorts of gifts for the people near and dear to your heart. Online shopping is one way to get all of your shopping done with no hassle, but it is also more dangerous for your information’s security. You do not want to ruin the holiday spirit with fraud issues or theft. Stay protected as you shop online this holiday season with these simple tips.
- Update your devices. All the devices that you use for shopping, including smartphones and tablets, should have updated software and security systems to maximize your online shopping safety.
- Avoid suspicious links: Regardless of whether you recognize the source, deleting any suspicious emails with links or deals, can be a great way to make your online shopping more secure. If anything seems suspicious, it is probably best to avoid it.
- Be wary of amazing deals. Yes it is the holiday season and there are bound to be many great deals available to you, but if a deal seems too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do not online shop over Wi–Fi hotspots. Unsecured networks are very dangerous when you are shopping online. Your information is at greater risk when you use a Wi-Fi hotspot, so try to avoid them if possible. Waiting until you have access to a secure network can make a big difference in protecting your information from cyber thieves.
- Use safe payment methods. Credit cards are generally the safest option for paying online because money is not directly taken out of your account in the same way as debit cards. PayPal is also a good option because the sellers do not get access to any of your account information when you make your payment.
Stay safe this holiday season! Contact Young Insurance in Burbank for all of your California insurance needs. Your satisfaction is our top priority. Give us a call, today!