Leave the spooks to the kids – Keep your home safe this Halloween night.
Halloween is a night for costumes, spooky thrills, trick-or-treating, candy, and fun! On the flip side, it also can pose a significant threat to those who are not preventative or cautious in their Halloween holiday preparations. What could be harmless fun could rapidly turn into fire, theft, or worse.
Additionally, homeowners should take precautions before the trick-or-treaters come knocking! Whether you are going all out this year by transforming your home into a haunted house, or simply handing out candy to your neighborhoods youngsters, a quick safety check will ensure a happy night of haunting.
- Start at Home: Keep your little and large trick-or-treaters in check by reminding them not to run, but walk, and stick to well-lit pathways.
- Light It Up: Opt for LED tea lights or strings of lights instead of using real candles. That includes for indoor jack-o’-lanterns too!
- Clear the Way: Ensure that the pathway to your home is kept clear of any wires, and don’t let any tombstones, fake cobwebs, or monsters obstruct the path.
- Confine Pets: For some dogs, the excitement of new people and smells constantly at the door can be too much to handle. Contrastingly, some pets may get so scared of the frequent visitors that they dart out of the front door. To prevent either of these scenarios, keep the animals in a separate room.
- Review home insurance coverage. Your property could face insurance claims and lawsuits should safety go awry on Halloween night. Evaluate if your liability coverage is sufficient and if threats such as vandalism and fires are a listed, covered peril in your homeowners insurance.
Ensure that you have the necessary homeowners insurance in place before Halloween night. Visit Young Insurance to secure all of your insurance policies in Burbank and neighboring cities in California.