Spring Cleaning Hazards
The warm spring season means that it is time to pull out your spring cleaning list to get your house looking its best. While most people focus on ways that they can make the spring cleaning process go as smoothly as possible, it is also important to keep in mind the dangers that can be associated with spring cleaning. As you clean, you leave harmful household cleaners lying around your house, which can be very dangerous, especially if you have small children. Keep these safety precautions in mind to ensure that the whole family stays safe.
- Leave all products in their original containers with the original warning labels so that everyone knows what they are and any harm that they can cause.
- Keep all containers and bottles that you are using in your line of sight. If possible, try to only use harmful chemicals when your children are out of the house.
- Install safety latches, locals, and doorknob covers where they are needed throughout your house to prevent your children from getting into area that they should not have access to. Keep in mind that dangerous products that you keep in your garage should also be off limits.
- If you do not have the space to lock up poisonous products, make sure to keep them out of reach of your children.
- Look for products that have child resistance packaging to add another line of defense to poisonous chemicals.
- Add the Poison Help number (1-800-222-1222) to your speed dial in case your child does get a hold of any cleaning chemicals. You should also look over your health insurance policy to ensure that you have the right amount of protection in case you have to go to the hospital.
As you clean your house, it is the perfect time to review your homeowners insurance policy to make sure that you have the right amount of coverage. Contact Young Insurance in Burbank, California for all of your home insurance needs.