As a homeowner, your homeowners insurance covers quite a few things. There are certain items in your home that may require extra coverage. One of these items is your jewelry. You need to ask your insurance company how do I insure my jewelry? There are a few things you need to know:
- Homeowners policies generally cover only up to 50% of total coverage, but you will need to have an additional rider for special items such as expensive jewelry.
- If you have valuables, you should raise your coverage limit to make sure in the event of a break-in or loss, your items will be partially or fully covered
- Make sure you do your research and get the best pricing. Extra coverage for those special items is not that expensive.
- For jewelry items, make sure you get an appraisal to know the full value of the items you need to insure.
- Make sure your insurance company tells you all the options available to you so that you can make an informed decision.
These are general tips that should assist in getting the correct coverage for your jewelry. For more information, contact the Young Insurance Agency.