Get your garden looking spring-ready now.
We all love the first flowers of spring! The bright pinks, deep lavenders, and joyful yellows are all true signs of springtime. Of course, sustaining visual interest in the garden is a goal for all garden enthusiasts at this time of year! Boasting flowers of spring and a manicured lawn is entirely possible to achieve (not just in those Home and Garden Magazines!).
Here are your tips to get your garden looking it’s best for springtime!
- Select quality bulbs – Look for those which are plump and firm. Avoid those which are soft, mushy, and on the small side.
- Pick the right spot – Even healthy bulbs will fail if they’re planted in the wrong spot. Most bulbs to best in sun and with well-drained soil.
- Get the timing right – Spring-blooming bulbs, such as tulips and daffodils should be planted in September or October. For summer-blooming beauties, such as dahlia and gladiolus, plant in spring.
- Plant them deep enough – Generally, a Whole two to three times deeper than the bulb is tall!
- Place them pointy side up – The pointed end should be sticking up!
- Give them good quality soil – Well-drained soil rich in organic matter helps the possibility of good blooming.
- Bulbs are plants too – They will always appreciate a good drink after you plant them.
- Bring it back – Remove dead, damaged, and diseased branches from woody plants to get your trees and shrubs healthy again!
Now that your home is looking spring-ready be sure to protect it inside and out! Contact Young Insurance in Burbank, California for all of your insurance needs today!