If you have a pool, be sure to cover it!
Nothing quite beats being able to relax in your backyard on a hot, summer’s day. After all, who wants to fight over sun loungers with tourists on a busy beach? On most weekends, a pool is invaluable.
Pool parties? Check. Pool accessories? Check. Pool insurance? Erm… Most homeowners are completely unaware of the risks their pool poses. From a person slipping and injuring themselves, to someone suing you because they broke their leg in the deep end, a pool means that you face plenty of liability issues. Fortunately, for pool owners, there’s insurance coverage.
Pull the Cover On
Pool insurance is liability coverage from your homeowner’s insurance policy. If someone is injured in or around your pool, liability within your home insurance will cover the costs of that person’s medical care (just not yours or your family’s). Lawsuits will also be covered! As most lawsuits can be lengthy and expensive, this is certain to take some weight off your mind.
Believe it or not, if someone uses your pool without your permission and gets injured, you can still be held responsible for corresponding liability.
Ready the Life Jackets
Preventing injuries mean that your visitors, family, and finances are at a lower risk of threat!
- Never leave children unattended, even for a few seconds
- Put fencing around the pool area to keep people from using the pool without your knowledge
- Keep children away from pool filters
- Never swim alone
- Stay out of the pool during rain or lightning storms
- Never dive into the shallow end
- Ensure everyone knows how to swim
- Don’t let anyone who has been drinking use the pool
- Make sure pool lighting is adequate
Skip the search of your pool insurance, contact the professionals directly at Young Insurance. Our insurance professionals can pair you with tailored coverage for your home and pool in Burbank, California.