Reduce the opportunities and violence in robbery and property crime.
Homeowners have a lot of risk factors to consider. Not only do they need to protect their home from natural disasters, fire, and damage, but property crime should also be taken into consideration to protect the property. The best way to prevent crime is to be aware of the potential risks and staying aware of situations that make your property vulnerable. After all, property crime can be tragic, dangerous, and expensive.
Here’s how to prevent home crime:
Organizing the community helps to keep everyone on the same page and provides some actionable items to assist with preventing crime. In a neighborhood watch or community watch, the intent is to develop relationships with neighbors and strengthen the communities. Watch for suspicious activity, marking boundaries of homes, and conducting home security surveys. Studies have shown that the presence of a neighborhood watch can deter most property crimes by showing criminals that communities are aware and know how to spot suspicious activity quickly.
Deter burglars with these tips:
- Invest in good locks for all outdoor doors
- Always ensure that side gates are padlocks
- Keep ladders out of sight
- Lock away garden tools or other implements that could be used to break a window.
- Do not leave a spare key about the premises outside. You’re not fooling anyone by hiding the key underneath the plant pot.
- Use security lighting to deter suspicious activity.
- Leave lights on a timer switch and ask someone to close the curtains at night and open them in the morning.
Now that your home is safe from crime, be sure to secure the right protection! Get started by talking to the professionals at Young Insurance. We serve homeowners in Burbank and neighboring cities in California!