As winter approaches, temperatures will continue to drop, and we will become more and more susceptible to illness. We are in the midst of cold and flu season! In order to avoid spending most of fall wrapped up in a blanket with an endless supply of tissues and cold medicine, follow these simple flu prevention recommendations:
- Stop by your local pharmacy, or make an appointment with your doctor to get the flu vaccination! This is hands-down the best way to prevent coming down with the flu. You should aim to get the shot early in fall, so hurry if you have yet to get it! It will protect you against the H1N1 virus, also known as swine flu.
- There are a number of different types of vaccinations available for you to take advantage of.
- The flu shot uses a very small needle, and is appropriate for individuals between the ages of 18 and 64.
- A nasal spray called FluMist can be used for people ages 2 to 49, and contains a live, and weakened version of the flu virus.
- If you are allergic to eggs, you should look into one of the egg-free vaccines.
- Elderly individuals should be vaccinated with Fluzone, a vaccine that contains a higher dosage. This is beneficial for those with weakened immune systems.
- Do your best to avoid those who appear to be coming down with a cold.
- Wash your hands, or lather them in hand sanitizer multiple times throughout the day. This will help prevent the spread of germs.
- Use disinfectant wipes to sanitize commonly touched places in your home such as doorknobs, faucets, and light switches.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Ingest a lot of fluids, and aim to eat a balanced diet.
Here at Young Insurance Agency, we care about your health! For all of your health insurance needs or inquiries, please give us a call! We are located in Burbank, California, and take pride in our excellent customer service. Contact one of our professional insurance agents, today!