Welcome the New Year safely.
While New Year’s Eve is one of the most exciting holidays of the year, it’s also one of the most dangerous. This New Year’s Eve, keep yourself and those around you safe by taking these precautions.
- Do not drink and drive. New Year’s Eve is synonymous with alcohol consumption. If you are planning on tossing back a few drinks, make sure that you have a designated driver or use a ridesharing service such as Uber or Lyft. Additionally, it’s important that you make sure your friends are responsible as well. If you see an intoxicated friend trying to drive, do your best to stop them. While they might be angry at you for confiscating their keys, it’s better than letting them put themselves and those around them at risk.
- Avoid the road between 8:00 pm and 2:00 am. On New Year’s Eve, most accidents occur during this time period. To be safe, stay off the road to avoid run-ins with drunk drivers.
- Be careful with social media. While you might want to keep your followers updated, revealing too much online could put yourself at risk. To be safe, keep your posts at a minimum or wait to post until after the holiday has passed.
- Do not play with fireworks. While fireworks are a fun way to welcome the New Year, you are better off leaving them to the professionals. For starters, fireworks are illegal in many states. Even if they are legal, they are extremely dangerous and incorrect handling could result in burns and even a fire.
- If you are attending a party or are celebrating at a club, do not accept open drinks and make sure you stay with people you know and trust. Staying vigilant and being careful can prevent you and your friends from getting in over your heads.
Follow these safety tips to make sure that you have a happy and safe New Year’s Eve. We at Young Insurance would like to wish everyone a happy New Year! If you are looking for insurance this coming year, then contact us. Located in Burbank, California we are always ready to assist you with all your insurance needs.