Summer Grill Tips
Summer is the perfect time to pull out your grill for a backyard BBQ! While traditional hot dogs and hamburgers are always delicious, your grill can do so much more. Keep these summer grill tips in mind to impress everyone at your next cook-out.
- Clams – shellfish is one of the easiest and tastiest meals that you can make on your BBQ. All you need to do before you throw some clams on your grill is to clean them by placing them in a bucket of cold water with cornmeal to extract any extra sand.
- Meatballs – just like hamburgers, meatballs are delicious when grilled. Simply put the meatballs on the grill for three to four minutes, while covered, roll, and then cook for another three minutes, and enjoy with pasta, on a sub, or by themselves.
- Quesadillas – brush a tortilla with olive oil, and then put right on the grill with the oiled side down. Top with your favorite fillings, and once the cheese starts melting, fold over to seal it up. Serve with guacamole and salsa, and enjoy!
- Peaches – cut a fresh peach in half and rub with butter. Place with the buttered side down, and close the lid. Grill for four minutes, or until softened and charred. Top with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
- Watermelon – before you throw your watermelon on the grill, lightly brush with olive oil, and then grill for three minutes on each side. Squeeze some citrus and sprinkle with salt, and enjoy this new way to eat an old summer favorite.
All of us at Young Insurance in Burbank, California would like to encourage you and your family to try one of these delicious grilling recipes!