Enjoy This Chili on Game Day
Super Bowl Sunday is one of those days where dietary restrictions typically take a beating, in favor of greasy and fun foods. While you may choose to indulge on the big game day, it doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy healthier versions of your favorite foods. Check out the recipe for this delicious and quick bean chili.
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- ⅓ cup shredded carrots
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes, or diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon 100 percent pure maple syrup
- 15-ounce container black beans, thoroughly drained and rinsed
- ⅓ cup organic frozen sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a deep sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and carrots and cook until softened, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, oregano, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, chili powder, vinegar, and maple syrup. Stir until well combined, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the black beans and corn and cook until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer chili to serving bowls and top with chopped chives. Serve over whole grain toast, whole wheat pasta, or a baked potato.
The team at Young Insurance Agency hopes that you enjoy this recipe! For all of your insurance needs in Glendale and beyond, contact us today!