Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions This Year
Every year we make promises to ourselves that we are going to be better, or do better in some aspect of our lives. Keeping these promises is easier said than done, and usually we set our goals so high that they are impossible to reach or maintain. Here are some tips to help you keep your New Year’s resolution this year.
- Put some thought into it: Your resolution should be something that you really want, not something that you think that you should do. If your resolution has any chance of lasting, it needs to fit with your own values.
- Limit your list: Instead of making a huge list of resolutions you want to keep, make only two or three, that way you can focus your efforts. The added focus will make keeping your resolutions that much easier.
- Be specific: For your resolution to be successful, it should be pretty specific. Pick certain days that work better or set a more realistic goal for the amount of time that you have.
- Make a plan: If you have one large goal, having a few smaller goals or steps leading up to the large goal will help set you up for success.
- Tell someone: Telling someone your resolution is a good way to help keep you on track. Having someone else to hold you accountable is a powerful motivation tool that can help push you to achieve your goal.
- Be prepared to change: In order for you to be successful in reaching your goal, you have to be prepared to change your habits. You may need to trade off on things every now and then, or remove the temptation in order to be successful in cutting out the bad habits.
Consider these useful tips to keep your New Year’s resolutions this year. Contact Young Insurance in Burbank for all of your California insurance needs.