Prevent getting distracted behind the wheel.
Nearly everyone is guilty of some form of distracted driving. In fact, distracted drivers are almost everywhere you look – from the teen on the cell phone to the person fiddling with the radio to the multi-tasking parent behind the wheel. To help you stay safe and avoid disasters while on the road, take a look at these sure-fire ways to avoid distracted driving.
- Turn off your phone when you get in the car.
- If you need to leave your phone on, place it out of reach so you’re not tempted to scroll while behind the wheel.
- Stop somewhere safe (and legal) when you need to answer incoming calls and text messages.
- Familiarize yourself with the equipment/features in the car. Set up your radio and GPS before you set off.
- Avoid having deep conversations when driving.
- Limit the number of passengers in the vehicle as well as the level of activity inside the car.
- Don’t let your pets roam freely in the car. Make sure they are properly secured before you start driving.
- Don’t drive if you’re tired. If you feel tired, stop frequently to stretch your legs and get some fresh air.
- Avoid eating while driving.
- Do your multi-tasking outside the car. Focus on the single task at hand – driving.
Your auto insurance is there when you need it the most. For all of your insurance needs, visit Young Insurance. We are ready to help you find reliable insurance today.