Keep your house warm and cozy for the season ahead.
The temperatures are dropping and the season of winter steadily approaches. Now is the time to tune up your furnace so that your home stays warm throughout the cooler months. Servicing a heating system will ensure that the heat will click on in those cold and wintery mornings. So that you can stay cozy this season, tune up your furnace with these tips!
How to tune up your heating system:
- Inspect the thermostat for proper operation and that it’s on the correct heating mode. It’s obvious enough but it’s easy to forget.
- Make sure there is nothing flammable next to your furnace. Storing a lawnmower or gas can next to it is asking for a fire.
- Run your furnace for a few minutes before it’s actually needed. Even if you’re traveling for a period of time and need to turn your heat off, have someone stop by to run it for a couple of hours, if possible.
- Change and clean your filters on a regular basis! The three main issues that most homeowners come across with dirty filters are restricted airflow, reduced efficiency, and overheated heat exchanger.
- Check all electrical components and controls.
- Oil the motors as needed.
- Check the air fuel mixture, where appropriate.
- Regularly wash your electrostatic/electronic filters.
- Check that your access panels are secure and that all of the screws are in place.
Following these simple and easy steps today, before the festive season arrives, means that you’re unlikely to face a heating holiday disaster!
To secure the reliable homeowners insurance needed for your holiday season ahead, contact the team at Young Insurance, serving Burbank and neighboring cities in California.