Easy pizza recipe to celebration National Pizza Month!
Did you know that October is National Pizza Month? With that said, we couldn’t help ourselves in whipping up an easy and delicious pizza to celebrate. Read on for the recipe and the let us know what you think!
- 1/2 of one Trader Joe’s garlic-herb pizza crust
- 1/2 cup each red, green, and orange bell pepper (loosely chopped)
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp each dried or fresh basil, oregano, and garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp each dried or fresh basil, oregano, garlic powder, granulated sugar
- ~1/4 tsp sea salt (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes
- Dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and position a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Bring large skillet to medium heat. Once hot, add 1 Tbsp olive oil, onion and peppers. Season with salt, herbs and stir. Cook until soft and slightly charred – 10-15 minutes, adding the mushrooms in the last few minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare sauce by adding tomato sauce to a mixing bowl and adding seasonings and salt to taste. Adjust seasonings as needed. Set aside. Note: If using tomato paste, add water to thin until desired consistency is reached.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface and transfer to a parchment-lined round baking sheet. You’re going to add the pizza with the parchment directly to the oven to properly crisp the crust, so any round object will do as it’s not actually going into the oven.
- Top with desired amount of tomato sauce and the sautéed veggies.
- Use the baking sheet to gently slide the pizza directly onto the oven rack. The parchment will help prevent it from falling through.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Serve with dried oregano and red pepper flake. Leftovers keep well – no need to reheat!
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe! At Young Insurance, we can help protect your assets. Serving Burbank and neighboring cities, contact us for the insurance assistance that you need.