Many parents find themselves looking at the list of school supplies and thinking to themselves how much they spend every year for the same supplies. It is easy to lose track of your kids’ old school supplies and have to buy more every year, but with a little preparation you can have fun recycling and even making some new school items. Being eco-friendly about school not only can help make the world a better place but it is also a great way to save money on school supplies. Follow these eco-friendly school tips:
- Use reusable containers to pack lunches and save on expensive Tupperware. There are plenty of food items in your fridge that probably come in reusable containers. Simply wash the containers out and use them for food packaging.
- Buying a lunch box will save you the trouble of constantly buying paper bags and will also save these paper bags from being thrown away daily.
- Transform old and worn out binders or folders from previous school years with colorful duct tape. Have arts and crafts time with your kids and watch them personalize their old supplies.
- Keep inventory of old school supplies that may already be strewn around your household before going back to school shopping. Create a pencil box with your kids to keep track of pens and pencils that may have gotten lost over the summer.
- Instead of driving your kids to school every day and wasting all that gas, create an eco-friendly transportation plan. Biking, walking, or taking the bus to school are all great ways to lower emissions and even get a little exercise in.
Young Insurance in Burbank California can find you the right coverage for your specific needs. We will work to keep the things you love most, protected. Contact us today for a free insurance quote.