Leave these food items off your plate from now on.
Many people are becoming more and more aware of what is good for us and what to avoid on a daily basis. With research and information at our fingertips, a large majority are looking to constantly improve their health through eating the right foods!
This year, combat the risk of health conditions, obesity, and a plethora of other health issues by skipping these 10 foods!
- Doughnuts– One doughnut is around 300 calories. As a doughnut is basically sugar deep-fat-fried, opt for an apple with your morning coffee instead!
- Eggs – It is illegal to label eggs as ‘healthy’ or ‘nutritious’ or even ‘safe’, believe it or not. Eggs contain the same amount of cholesterol as a Big Mac and are over 60 percent of saturated fat. Both of these factors can severely increase one’s risk of heart disease, diabetes, cancers, and strokes.
- Burgers – High in fat content and generally unsatisfying, leave burgers off your plate this year.
- French fries – A medium order of fries has 365 calories along with 17 grams of fat and a whopping 246mg of salt!
- Chips – Eating chips is a quick way to intake more sodium than is healthy. Sodium can contribute to serious health disorders.
- Dairy – Meant for calves, dairy is something that should be avoided by humans. Contrary to popular belief, consuming dairy actually increases your risk of bone fracture and osteoporosis. The growth factors, hormones, and high calcium content are believed to contribute to causing cancer, obesity, acne, and more. Switch to plant-based milks and milk alternatives!
- Deep fried foods – Need we say more? Fried food instantly adds to calorie and fat intake.
- Soda– Those who have one sugary beverage a day have a significantly greater chance of developing type 2 diabetes than those who skip the soda.
- Microwave popcorn– This treat makes the list of cancer-causing foods. The buttery taste comes from chemicals called diacetyl and PFOA – otherwise known as listed carcinogens (cancer-causing chemicals)!
- Meat – Processed meats can be found everywhere. The bad news is that these are one of the unhealthiest foods that you can eat (despite it being listed last). Processed meat has been linked to a greater risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and cancer. Opt to choose plant-based proteins instead!
You can protect your future health by eating the right foods and cutting back on unhealthy food! To protect your financial future, contact Young Insurance.